Even if your youngster practices oral hygiene on a daily basis and has no documented problems , it is important to attend half-yearly tests and X-rays with us at Pacific NW Dental Center in Spanaway WA. Do you know how important dental sealants are when you have a young child?
- According to the CDC (Center for Disease Control), children without sealants have almost three times greater chance of tooth decay than children with sealants.
- Sealants will come under your dental insurance plan. On the other hand, sealants are worth the cost for parents who have no dental insurance. We will reduce the chance of decline by 80%.
- Sealants are permitted to last for several years. In the years when your kids are most likely to get cavities, dental sealants guard those young teeth. Your kid will improve their oral health and overall health by following good dental health habits and refraining from biting into hard objects.
- Sealants don’t require any painful dental procedure. Our dental staff would brush their teeth, then add the liquid sealant. It hardens quickly. During the care, your child does not need to miss meals.
- Often, sealants may be placed over existing tooth decay to avoid further damage. Your kids dentist here in Spanaway WA will decide if your child is a good candidate for the test.
For good pediatric dental health, sealants, good oral hygiene, a healthy diet, and dental cleaning are necessary.
Patents often ask, “If these young teeth fall off, anyway, why get dental sealants for kids?” The answer is, to protect their oral health in the long run. That’s because oral health in the younger ages lay the foundation for future oral health. Your kid is much likely to have oral health problems in the future if they have untreated cavities. That’s exactly what we are here to address.
We are trained in kids dentistry and early dental care at Pacific NW Dental Center. Schedule an appointment today for your kid with the best kids dentist in Spanaway WA.