What are the two of the chief activities for maintaining a healthy oral regime? Obviously, brushing and flossing your teeth. But do you wonder if there is any specific order that you ought to maintain for your oral regimen? Well, some researches and latest studies say, ‘yes’!
The study claims the fact that flossing before brushing is the most effective and helpful sequence. If you thoroughly and carefully want to eliminate plaque then this order will certainly help you.
Yes, you absolutely heard that right! But you can enjoy all these dental benefits only when you also practice a proper home care routine in order to maintain your dental health.
Why should you Floss and then Brush?
As per the latest studies, flossing wipes off bacteria and food debris stuck between your teeth where the toothbrush bristles are unable to reach even after you brush properly. Hence, when you brush your teeth after flossing (and then rinse with water), it cleans your mouth way better.
Plaque bacteria are the main criminals behind the advancement of periodontal/gum disease. And this condition can result in gum recession, irritation, swelling, and loss of the tooth itself if not treated at the right time.
When you brush with toothpaste that contains fluoride, then implementing this habit raises fluoride concentration. And thereby, it makes your tooth enamel grow stronger, making it easier to combat decay.
However, you must remember to brush and also floss daily so that you can enjoy optimal oral health and an amazing smile.
What are the other benefits of flossing first?
- Teeth grow more strong and healthy too.
- Allows fluoride toothpaste to make better contact with your tooth enamel. Fluoride is always highly advantageous to dental enamel. Fluoride combats dental caries and cavities and shields your pearly whites.
- Flossing before brushing also helps to lessen how much plaque you swallow. When you swallow plaque so much, it raises your risks of high blood pressure, heart disease, and other health complications as well.
- Minimizes irritation of the gums and also mouth to some extent.
- Helps to prevent bad breath.
- It minimizes your risk of developing gum disease. When you brush your teeth before flossing, there is a high chance you will push plaque inside your gums and also food debris unknowingly!
How to Floss the right way?
Always make sure that you floss at least once on a daily basis! Whenever you floss, first, start with moving the string slowly down towards the gum line and try to pull it to your right and left. This is the actual way to remove food debris and also bacteria. It clears both the sides of the teeth too. The ideal time to floss is every night before you go to sleep. It helps eliminate any food particles that gather throughout the day.
Get the Help you need!
Now, if you are finding it difficult to clean your teeth and looking to get a dental cleaning in Spanaway, WA then surely visit us at Pacific NW Dental Center.
When you skip oral hygiene regime very often, it leads to long-term complications in the future years. Visit our office and let our dentist in Spanaway help you by offering the quality dental care that you deserve. We’re just a call away!